Finance Manager at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL)
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThis is an exciting opportunity with high visibility in the Software Finance department. The mission of the Software finance department is to deliver value to the Software operations by providing financial support through timely, data-driven analysis, effective resource planning and management of business performance to help our business partners execute on their strategic and operational imperatives which contributes to a strong financial performance. As Motorola Solutions accelerates innovation through software, the finance organization has a unique opportunity to support the new Software Enterprise business unit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a leader in how command center software is delivered and implemented. This role will be a finance leader for software delivery across PremierOne, Flex, and CommandCentral projects, and will be instrumental in driving the software transition to the cloud. The person in this role will interact with various Motorola groups, partners and customers to support accurate logging of new projects, revenue and cost recognition throughout projects’ life-cycle, and timely cash collections for completed deliverables.
Core Responsibilities include:
- As the primary deployment finance leader for PremierOne, Flex, and CommandCentral products, provide financial support to Territory Services Directors, Regional Services Managers and Program Managers (PMs) to ensure that each territory achieves its revenue, margin, and cash objectives.
- Forecast deployment backlog revenue and margin while identifying risks and opportunities
- Drive weekly territory forecast calls and provide required analysis to support revenue, margin, and cash generation.
- Guide operating partners to understand the financial impact of contemplated business decisions including headcount planning and changes in project scope
- Oversee monthly revenue / cost entries identify and execute on customer billing opportunities, and maintain accurate financial profile of each project.
- Oversee quarterly/annual Percentage-Of-Completion (POC) analysis to determine both P&L and BS adjustments.
- Work with the project managers to identify cost savings/cost adjustments
- Support labor rate pricing reviews
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to collaborate and influence business partners.
- Comfortable working at a detailed level under time constraints and with multiple operating constituents.
- Strong System skills including Excel and Oracle.
- Knowledge of Tableau, PlanView, Smart view, Oracle Project Accounting a plus.
- Bachelor Degree is required.
- 4+ years of Finance or Accounting experience.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.