270 Strategies is hiring a Finance Manager to join our Finance and Accounting team.
You are an experienced accounting professional. You know the numbers and are a great analytical problem solver and clear communicator. You are a leader and have a reputation for being the one who gets it done, but you also have an interest and competency in looking up and thinking broadly about ways to make our company more profitable. You have demonstrated excellence in implementing rigorous and disciplined financial controls and leveraging accounting systems. The internal control aptitude includes directly working with the operations teams to maintain and optimize an integrated accounting system and revenue planning and tracking program and also identifying current weaknesses in business processes and developing short and medium-term plans to address them. You are super organized, possess technical accounting and reporting skills, and experienced working in a small business or large non-profit environment. You are a strong manager who works well leading a small team. You are excited by the idea of working at a small business with staff who are hustling and innovating every day. You thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, are flexible with ever-changing projects, are comfortable and motivated to learn on the job, and are willing to jump in and help out where needed.
You will manage the Staff Accountant and report to the Chief Operating Officer.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL and will require minimal travel.
- Supervise and manage our Staff Accountant who is responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping, accounts payable and payroll
- Manage the relationship with our bankers and external accountants
BUDGETING AND REPORTING
- Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for COO, CEO, and Board
- Prepare and maintain financial projections
- Track all project revenue and costs, and report on profitability
- Creation of annual budget in coordination with the COO and stakeholders
- Report on budget to actuals and research variances
- Assist the COO with tax planning and preparation
- Ad-hoc reporting requests
- Work closely with project managers to ensure project profitability
INVOICING AND ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- Accurately and efficiently prepare and send client invoices monthly
- Work to resolve outstanding accounts receivable in a professional and timely manner
- Coordinate overdue balance follow-up with client leads
- Pull billable travel and expenses for client invoicing
- Verify discrepancies and resolve client billing issues
- Respond quickly and professionally to inquiries from staff and clients
- Collaborate with Operations team on various projects, including profitability reporting, projections, etc.
THIS POSITION IS A GOOD FIT FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Knowledgeable of functional elements that are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive and positively impact business results
- High level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint and solid financial knowledge base required
- Proficient with general ledger and financial modeling
- Experience with Intacct is a plus
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Organized with a superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with tight deadlines, high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to speak and write concisely and effectively in a timely manner
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences
INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
- Have a reputation for integrity, initiative, perseverance, assertiveness, success and confidence
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with staff and clients
WORK ETHIC, ATTITUDE and AMBITION
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the courage to propose new ideas
- Positive attitude – we do big things at 270 and a positive attitude is key
- Self-starter who is not afraid to seek out projects independently and demonstrates work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- CPA preferred
- At least 3-5 years of accounting experience, in the non-profit, corporate or service-based industries preferred
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $90,000 depending on experience and expertise.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter at www.270strategies.com/careers
270 Strategies is a public engagement firm that is redefining how companies and organizations build winning campaigns and do big things. Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on PR, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies, effective communications, and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lessons learned after years of leading the Obama organization to help clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is deeply committed to diversity among our staff. We recognize that our continued success requires a true dedication to obtaining and retaining a team with a broad spectrum of experiences that will provide the best quality services to our clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.