Finance Specialist at Smokeball
Who We Are:
Recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
We are seeking a financial whiz to support Smokeball’s CFO in the management and analysis of the company’s recurring revenue model as well as Smokeball’s cashflow. Cashflow management at Smokeball encompasses a range of responsibilities, and the Financial Specialist will use their broad experience to effectively move between departments and tasks. Over the course of a week, your responsibilities could include:
- Utilizing financial software solutions to manage the recurring subscription billing of Smokeball users
- Collaborating with Sales, Renewals, and Client Success to troubleshoot billing issues, process adjustments, and complete billing for long-term contract users
- Completing the weekly cashflow forecast, as well as accurately forecasting cash collections
- Communicating forecasts and KPIs to the President & CFO
- Managing all aspects of the month-end close process and ensuring accuracy of data in Xero.
- Maintaining and continually improving Smokeball’s Excel cashflow forecast model and billing process
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring
- 3+ years accounting or financial analysis type experience
- Relevant degree in business, accounting or finance
- CPA or CMA preferred, or studying towards
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
- Able to analyze large amounts of data from various sources using pivot tables, lookups, sum and sumif functions
- Proven ability to quickly pick up new software systems
- Capable of working autonomously on a variety of tasks ranging from transactional to complex
- Maintains attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- Culture: Named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave, WFH opportunities, etc.
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, foosball, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago
*Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer