Financial Analyst, Facilities at Walgreens
Performs complex accounting and analyses of budget activities pertaining to the Facilities space. Reviews and reconciles discrepancies impacting division capital budgets and provides status and recommendations for effective program budget management.
Oversees program cost and the completion of program management varied activities including purchase order status, contracting activities and related project records, validating costs to budget, accumulating, analyzing, summarizing and reporting while following company standards and best practices.
- Monitors program spend against budget for materials, services and all expenses and performs analysis of project life from inception to full completion.
- Perform as an ePro expert and be able to run data downloads, assist users with inquiries and liaise with ePro Operations team.
- Determines cash flow requirements based on project scope, duration, completion and established pay guidelines and liaise with our Finance partner
- Partners with project director and manager and is a dedicated resource from Pre-Execution to Closeout of programs and projects.
- Monitors purchase order status for programs/projects; tracks payables by vendor and by aging on a program basis.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation for projects and programs and steps in to reconcile discrepancies.
- Assists project directors with upload files and project coding, ensuring integrity of data and proper classification of capital vs. expense.
- Prepares presentations, presents project information to execution and project management teams.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of experience in finance and/or accounting OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 4 years of experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of financial coding requirements, such as application of project coding to various types of project costs.
- Experience identifying operational issues such as project over-spend or contract non-compliance, recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in accounting for capital projects vs. expense, cost distribution and variance analyses, preferably in a Facilities, Property or Fixed Assets function.
- Experience with communicating with management in a clear and succinct manner, written and/or verbally
- Experience working independently and in a team environment and have the ability and desire to improve efficiency
- Advanced level skill in MS Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups, sumif, average, left, right functions, concatenate and basic graphs.