Financial Analyst I at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Financial Analyst will be a key member of the growing Billing team at Paylocity and will oversee billing-related activities and corporate initiatives. Additionally, Financial Analyst will help drive projects including major process improvement initiatives and implementation of the new billing system.
Location: Remote, Central or Eastern time zone is preferred.
Reports To: Director, Accounting Operations
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed.
- Perform monthly and quarterly analyses to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley key controls.
- Contribute to the implementation of the new billing system, ongoing testing, and maintenance to ensure accurate client billing.
- Work cross-functionally, with sales, implementation, accounting/finance groups to prepare and execute against Corporate initiatives.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset through identifying automation opportunities, process improvements or improved reporting capabilities to support decision-making across the organization.
- Review of billing analysis and research as needed for quarter close accrual and deferred revenues entries.
- Assist leadership on special ad hoc projects, including but not limited to accumulating data for analysis, creating reports or process improvements.
- Other ad hoc analyses and billing financial modeling upon manager request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of experience in revenue accounting, finance, or billing-related work (Big 4 and/or corporate experience desired)
- Previous experience analyzing significant volumes of data
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments, be self-motivated, and a team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints and be customer service-focused.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, can prioritize work, and be able to work accurately with numbers.
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.