Financial Analyst, Insurance Vertical at TransUnion
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or similar fields
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Financial Principles such as GAAP, Forecasting, Budgeting, and Financial Month End Close processes (Journal Entries, Accruals, Allocations, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for data and data analysis
What We’d love to see:
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Hyperion Planning, Tableau, and Alteryx,
- 1+ years’ experience professional working experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA/CFA candidate desired
Impact You'll Make:
- In the first 90days – establish a baseline understanding of Insurance vertical org, account and product tree structures within the GL. Familiarize yourself with the schedules, processes, systems, and reporting required for month-end close and quarterly forecasting.
- Beyond 90 days – you will become the dedicated finance contact for the Insurance line of business.
- Take ownership of the maintenance and data quality within Alteryx. Assist with the analysis, documentation, and production of expense projection models (initially focused on product costs).
- Use your analytical skills to identify financial trends, produce current year and long-term projection models, assess and communicate risks and opportunities to the business.
- Communicate complex financial documents and concepts in a digestible format for business partners and executive leaders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.