Financial Analyst-North America Projects
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThis position is for a financial analyst supporting all finance and accounting activities of Order to Cash process for large system implementations in US and Canada. The role will partner with various MSI groups as well as customers to support accurate logging of new projects, revenue and cost recognition throughout projects’ lifecycle, and timely cash collections for completed deliverables. The position will support at least one geographical territory in the US or Canada and report directly to the Services Controller.
- Serve as the focal point for Territory Services Director, Regional Services Managers and individual Program Managers (PMs) and provide financial support to ensure that the territory achieves its revenue, margin, and cash objectives.
- Guide operating partners to understand the financial impact of contemplated business decisions including the review milestone plans and while focusing on revenue, cost reduction, and cash acceleration opportunities.
- Understand and explain changes in: project forecast to complete estimates, project risk projections, deferred cost balances, and cash flow forecast.
- Drive weekly territory forecast calls and provide required analysis to support revenue, margin, and cash generation.
- Complete monthly revenue packages, identify and execute on customer billing opportunities, and maintain accurate financial profile of each project.
- Maintain project credit workbooks and track revenue and shipments for each project; reconcile customer accounts and resolve any accounts receivable issues while ensuring timely collections within payment terms. • Perform quarterly Percentage-Of-Completion (POC) analysis to determine both P&L and BS adjustments. Work with the Controller to identify cost savings/cost adjustments.
- Understanding of financial metrics, specifically: revenue, costs, and cash.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to partner with operations.
- Exceptional analytical, computer and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working at a detailed level under time constraints and with multiple operating constituents.
- Strong System skills including Excel and Oracle 11i.
- Knowledge of SAP, GCC (Clarify), Oracle 11i, MOL, CMS, COF, EPS and other fulfillment related systems a plus.
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ years of Finance or Accounting experience
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.