Financial Analyst at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
About the FP&A Team
FP&A is responsible for planning and managing Guaranteed Rate’s overall financial performance. Members on the team will be counted on as a key business partners in strategic and operational decisions, working often in cross-functional teams on a variety of projects. You will be able to add value immediately, see the big picture, and develop a business and finance skill set that you can leverage in your future roles within the organization. We are a stand for high quality work, driving high quality results and living a high-quality life.
What’s the Role?
Guaranteed Rate seeks to fill the role of Financial Analyst-FP&A in this newly created role to support the Guaranteed Rate corporate functions. This individual and team are responsible for consolidated internal and external reporting of forecasted, budgeted and actual results to senior management. Additional projects the individual will take part in include, but are not limited to, strategic modeling around mergers and acquisitions, financial materials for investor earnings calls, total Company forecasting and valuation, cash flow forecasting, incentive planning, macro-economic what-if analysis, as well as other CFO-led financial projects.
- Oversee financial models in support of the total Guaranteed Rate forecast and outlook processes
- Assist in the preparation of Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Board of Directors (BOD) presentation materials
- Partner with the Corporate cost center owners to understand their monthly results, as well as continually improve their forecasting processes and accuracy
- Assist in cash flow forecasting
- Participate in miscellaneous CFO-led financial projects around profitability enhancement and working capital improvement
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance with basic knowledge around financial modeling.
- CPA and/or MBA
- Fundamental understanding of financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- High energy level and strong initiative with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- We cannot sponsor for this role. Please only apply if you’re currently able to work in the US.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-MT1