Financial Analyst at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Financial Analyst to help make sound financial decisions. Your work will include but is not limited to cross functional business partnering, modeling business scenarios, tracking performance measurements and guiding the company for strategic decision making.
You are a highly motivated teammate, have excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. The person will partner with individual department heads to understand historical and future spending and will be involved with the company’s P&L forecasting and reporting process, monthly close processes and internal reporting.
- Serve as a finance business partner to the Product and Engineering organization and handle departmental headcount, budget, accrual management and development and tracking of meaningful critical metrics to measure efficiencies and return on investment analysis
- Analyze financial data to build models for decision support and guidance
- Forecasting of AWS and capitalized software expense
- Perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations to the business
- Identify and drive operational improvements, creation of ad-hoc reports and dashboards
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2+ years of experience in a finance related role
- Excellent communication and internal personal skills
- Modeling, reporting and presentation skills (Adaptive Insights, Excel, G-suite experience a plus)
- Critical thinker with sound business judgement
How to really knock our socks off:
- Previous AWS forecasting
- Experience with internally developed software (IDSW) capitalization forecasting and tracking
- Experienced in change management
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.