Financial Analyst at Morningstar
About the Role
Morningstar’s Financial Planning and Analysis team seeks a Financial Analyst to assist with revenue and expense analysis, headcount and salary reporting, internal and external reporting needs, as well as perform other tasks to help maintain operational efficiency in the finance department. In this role, you will work closely with finance, various business operations, functional areas, and corporate accounting functions to understand and resolve financial issues. In addition, you will gain extensive experience with financial systems and reporting, build relationships with senior management, and work on special projects as necessary. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Work closely with the business leaders and other members of the financial planning team on budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Assist in creating and maintaining internal financial reporting packages and materials for meetings.
• Complete detailed account reconciliations and analyses to help identify business trends and drivers behind revenue and expenses.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and provide support on special projects as needed.
• Process and review expenses for approval and proper coding and prepare accruals as necessary.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams formed to address business process improvements in the financial planning & budgeted processes.
• Three to five years of experience in an accounting or related position with a bachelor’s degree; CPA designation or candidacy is preferred.
• Candidates should be extremely detail-oriented individuals with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to aggregate and analyze data, work in a team environment and assume additional responsibilities over time.
• Solid Microsoft Excel skills required; knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle and Hyperion is preferred.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application materials.