Financial Analyst at G2
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our finance team. The position will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and analysis of operation and financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. This individual will assist the Assistant Controller in the implementation of corporate initiatives and strategies for the finance team and will also assist in the support of other departments and functions within G2. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail and can work quickly while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
In This Role, You Will:
- Assist in internal and external reporting
- Provide analysis on budget/actual variances and give insight into future trends
- Maintain financial/other company metrics and track progress
- Support accounting in the month-end close process
- Assist in quarterly planning and budgeting cycle
- Maintain files and records
- Prepare Board materials as necessary
- Work on various ad-hoc projects
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 1-3 years experience in financial analysis or related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic understanding of financial modeling
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with speed and quality
- An eye for improving processes and suggesting solutions
- Professional with the ability to clearly communicate
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA or MBA a plus, but not required
- Extensive experience using MS Excel
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.