Job Description Summary
The Financial Analyst will provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information to senior leadership and departmental management by effectively turning financial data into insightful and actionable business intelligence.
- Work with leadership to validate trends and incorporate updated assumptions into the detailed monthly Outlook
- Provide information and journal entries as part of the monthly close cycle
- Variance analysis of monthly results vs. prior year, budget, forecast and monthly outlook; month by month trends, etc.
- Develop efficient, effective operating reports on key drivers of business and company performance
- Analyze financial data, draw conclusions and present recommendations on decisions and actions
- Prepare capacity or scenario modeling, as necessary
- Prepare Board materials, as necessary, working with leadership
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvement recommendations
- B.S. in Business (Finance, Accounting)
- CPA or MBA a plus, but not required
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of accounting and financial theory
- Experience with ad hoc analysis, journal entries, monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- General Microsoft Office skills, with strong Excel skills
- Workday and/or Hyperion experience highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.