Corporate Financial Accountant
This position will take an organized detail-oriented individual to handle various aspects of monthly close within our multi-brand $1B+ e-commerce company. We're actively searching for a top-level individual to join our team at FTD who will be tasked with month end close, consolidating financial statements, financial controls, as well as gaining exposure to SEC reporting. This position works closely with other FTD Corporate and divisional finance personnel.
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of the FTD team that facilitates an ever-evolving system that is handling large transactional volumes
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas of business
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- You will benefit from a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals supported, gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents where you can be part of helping craft our future.
- Lines of business and a technology-driven organization ready to accept your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization with access to business managers, product management, and leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- Responsible for specific monthly financial close and consolidation activities including, but not limited to the review and preparation of month-end accounting reports (including financial statements), journal entries, accruals, variance analyses, and account reconciliations.
- You will be charged with the month end processing of journal entries and reconciliations related explicitly to employee expense reimbursements and accruals.
- You will handle fixed asset accounting, including monthly journal entries to record additions, deletions, and depreciation, related reconciliations, and activity of accounts.
- Relied upon for the monthly intercompany reconciliation process, working closely with division finance personnel to ensure accurate and timely recording of intercompany amounts.
- Work with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal controls and, on an ongoing basis, review such controls for potential improvements.
- You maintain strict integrity on all occasions without compromise in all that you do.
- Ability to make changes by identifying and presenting to your manager all potential process and procedural improvements.
- You may perform other duties and project as assigned.
- We look for a BS/BA in accountancy or finance.
- We strongly prefer CPA
- 3+ total years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning or analytical projects in a medium or large size company.
- You possess excellent analytical skills with the confidence to create change instead of managing the status quo in various situations.
- You have strong initiative, follow-through, attention to detail, and ability to lead and handle multiple projects.
- You have Big 4 public accounting experience
- You are an outstanding communicator with passion, able to speak to a diverse group of constituents in a challenging matrix management environment.
- You are PC literacy required
- Intermediate level Excel proficiency
- Do you have TM1, JDE, SAGE familiarity and look to show off your ability?
GiveFTD a look! This position will be based in Downers Grove, IL. We are an exceptionally open and inviting company-- join our team!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the top tier and most trusted company in our industry in the world. We excel in floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of gifting solutions.