Hello, Financial Analyst!
Our team is growing! Freeosk Inc. is searching for a full-time, Chicago-based Financial Analyst who can use their financial savviness to expertly execute our monthly financial processes. You’ll also put your financial analysis skills to use by assisting with budgeting and forecasting to support our organization in sound decision making. You’ll be the go-to for the company expense reporting processes and get to collaborate across departments as you own the monthly program profitability meetings. In this role, you’ll interact with varying levels of leadership to convey information as a subject matter expert.
Our ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver with strong interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for someone who is eager to share their knowledge of complex financial information with others in order to draw conclusions about the best course of action. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable with balancing a list of reoccurring accounting responsibilities with financial analysis requests and ad hoc projects. Sound like you? Keep reading!
Some of your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Analyze operating, sales, and financial trends to identify opportunities and develop alternatives to improve performance
- Develop and build out financial models to support key initiatives and business decisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally across all areas of the business not only for forecasting and budgeting, but also for ad hoc projects
- Assist with scheduled month-end close activities including determining accruals and amortizations, preparing reconciliations, and recording Journal Entries
- Conduct job profitability analyses
- Review, manage, and process monthly expense reports
- Financial close and statement preparation
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with audit and tax return document preparation
This may be the perfect job if you…
- thrive in fast-paced, diverse and highly collaborative work environments
- are detail-oriented
- are positive, fearless and fun-loving
- 1-2 years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or similar
- GAAP Accounting Knowledge Required
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- CPA certification a plus
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- SQL/MySQL experience a plus
**This position is based in Chicago. Local candidates only.**
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer Hours
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Gym Stipend
- Free Divvy membership
- Sports teams
- On-site yoga classes
Who are we?
Freeosk is the key that unlocks the power of free to fuel the discovery process. We use the energy of free and our partnerships to develop an ongoing relationship with shoppers and consumers that is fun and relevant.
A nimble, Chicago-based marketing firm made up of a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, creatives, data analysts, account managers and other specialists, Freeosk works collaboratively with retailers and CPG makers to develop rich shopping, mobile and digital experiences that help people engage and connect with brands.