Financial Analyst – US Plan & Projection
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the foodservice industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand globally by building diverse teams who craft delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact globally.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to support the US Plan & Projection cycle. The Analyst must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task. As the Other Operating Income lead for the US business, you will track revenue streams, gains and write offs. The Analyst will develop the Plan, Projections, Variance Analysis and periodic financial reporting for US Other Operating Income. This position is expected to provide strategic insights and analysis which provides key information to Finance Leadership.
- Provide monthly income statement analysis, roll forwards, and commentary focused on other operating income variance drivers
- Prepare monthly projections and roll forward analysis
- Assist in preparing the annual operating plan
- Perform various monthly, quarterly and annual activities including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations, JP reporting and year end reporting packages
- Special projects and ad-hoc analysis
- Minimum Requirements
- Solid variance analysis and analytical skills
- Strong systems and data management competence
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both verbal and written
- Takes initiative and demonstrates creativity in finding efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus but not required.
- 1-3 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills as well as having the desire and ability to quickly learn new software applications. Oracle and Hyperion a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.