Job Description Summary
The Financial Analyst will provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information to senior leadership and departmental management by effectively turning financial data into insightful and actionable business intelligence.
- Work with leadership to validate trends and incorporate updated assumptions into the detailed monthly Outlook.
- Provide information and journal entries as part of the monthly close cycle.
- Variance analysis of monthly results vs. prior year, budget, forecast and monthly outlook; month by month trends, etc.
- Develop efficient, effective operating reports on key drivers of business and company performance.
- Analyze financial data, draw conclusions and present recommendations on decisions and actions.
- Update and provide improvements to financial models.
- Prepare Board materials, as necessary, working with leadership.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvement recommendations.
- B.S. in Business (Finance, Accounting)
- CPA or MBA a plus, but not required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of accounting and financial theory
- Experience with ad hoc analysis, journal entries, monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- General Microsoft Office skills, with strong Excel skills
- Workday and/or Hyperion experience highly desired
- Experience with financial modelling
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience with project-based financial modeling a plus