Financial Analyst at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
Our Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to assist with monthly forecasting & analysis, financial package preparation, & sales commission calculations and reporting. The right candidate will have experience working within an ERP, working with large data sets, be driven to help streamline our commission reporting process, and be ready for monthly financial reporting & analysis. This individual will add value immediately to the business with driving insights, while analyzing the detail to see the big picture.
The position reports to our Finance Manager and will be in our Chicago office, located the River North neighborhood.
- Own the preparation of financial reporting packages, sales commissions & daily stats (partnering with Finance & Department leaders)
- Partner with the Department owners to understand their monthly results, as well as continually improve their forecasting processes and accuracy
- Work with very large data sets to deliver accurate & reliable reports to Senior Leadership
- Prepare monthly management reports to ensure accurate revenue & expense by department
- Analyze actual and forecast variance details during month end close to understand drivers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field (CPA and/or MBA is a plus)
- 2 – 4 years of relevant Finance experience
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting, month end close, variance analysis & reporting, sales/commission stats
- Proficient knowledge and use of ERP or other financial planning systems (e.g. NetSuite, Adaptive, Salesforce)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel & ability to work in large data sets
- Strong analytical ability & excellent verbal and written skills
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great core benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.