ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our rapidly growing global workforce based in Chicago. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Finance Department and developing strong best practices for ThinkMarkets as a whole.
- Manage all accounting operations, including A/P, A/R, revenue recognition, etc.
- Oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems
- Create and maintain up-to-date accounting policies, procedures, and files
- Develop global monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecast reports
- Track all departmental budgets and work with leadership to ensure consistency
- Collaborate with global department leaders to develop company-wide budgets
- Apply accounting best practices and procedures to ensure high efficacy of Finance Department
- Coordinate financial audits and handle all account reconciliation
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related quantitative discipline; an MBA is highly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in an Accounting or Controller Role
- Trading operations, Financial, or Capital Markets experience highly preferred
- Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA required
- Strong analytical and data-interpretation abilities
- Excellent problem-solving and presentation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel/PowerPoint, general ledger systems (SAP)