Financial Growth and Analytics Lead
Financial Growth and Analytics Lead
Rocket Travel, a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is seeking a Financial Growth and Analytics Lead to join our team. Based in Chicago, and reporting to the CFO, this role would drive various growth and analytical projects, supporting commercial and financial leadership. This includes owning forecasting and financial planning, driving analysis of new commercial opportunities, playing a “chief of staff” role for the leadership team, and owning our payments function. We are looking for individuals with strong work ethic, outstanding interpersonal skills, and are “general athletes” who could grow into leadership roles across the company.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or corporate finance / strategic analysis at a dynamic company. Consumer internet or travel industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Top tier analytical problem-solving skills with the business sense and judgment to make reasonable assumptions and sound decisions.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Can build / iterate on presentations at a very fast pace.
- Technical capabilities in managing complex forecasting models in Excel. Existing SQL skills are a plus, willingness to learn SQL is a requirement.
- Intellectual curiosity to understand all parts of the business in detail
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and experience managing several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
Duties and responsibilities:
- Building business cases for new products, features or initiatives to drive growth and profitability
- Leading top priority projects for leadership team and creating executive-level presentations and deliverables for our corporate parent (e.g., progress updates, financial memos, materials to support budgeting and forecasting, etc.)
- Owning financial forecasting and planning, including annual budgeting, quarterly re-forecasting, and monthly financial reporting
- Collaborating with team members across commercial and product functions on revenue management, customer segmentation, and margin optimization
- Supporting company goal-setting and compensation planning process
- Finding opportunities to optimize our payment processing function to improve conversion and reduce costs
- Being an advocate for a data and metrics driven culture throughout the company
A typical day might include:
- Crafting a deck for an upcoming quarterly business review with our parent company
- Analyzing the impact of seasonality, weather or global events on our business and making product, marketing, or hotel supply recommendations based on the findings
- Working with our commercial team to build a business case and unit economic model for a new partner launch
- Answering the question “what will EBITDA be this month?”
- Building a report in SQL to automate quarterly forecasting
- Helping to set financial goals for sales or product teams
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days.
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health and dental insurance,and travel benefits
- Have the flexibility to work remotely or telecommute when needed
- Share your passion for travel with similar-minded people
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.