Financial Operations Analyst
The Financial Operations Analyst will be responsible for the billing and revenue recognition aspects of the Revenue cycle by ensuring accurate and complete monthly customer billings. This position is a key contributor in helping to improve our revenue business processes which will lead to increased efficiency and the elimination of manual and non-value added activities.
- Execute the billing processes for all billable transactions from start to finish, including the billing finalization processes within PeopleSoft financial system
- Monitor and complete changes/updates to all customers’ orders and account information prior to month end billing
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in all billing transactions
- Work closely with internal customers to identify and resolve any billing issues
- Analyze process workflows and business workflows and develop solutions to prevent delays, backlogs, inefficiencies and minimize internal control issues. Be an active participant in developing solutions for complex problems. Demonstrate ability to identify risks.
- Responsible for system testing within all our key financial systems: SalesForce, Oracle CRM and PeopleSoft
- Proactively collaborate with internal customers to identify business issues and quickly develop resolution
- Revenue and financial reporting:
- Daily, weekly and monthly AR aging
- Monthly financial reporting
- Other ad hoc reporting that may be needed by our customers and management
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Extremely customer-focused with the ability to work with non-technical customers
- Possess skills in research, audit and proactive problem solving and resolution
- Pro-actively communicate to manager any identified business issues and possible ways to resolve them
- Able to see trends and identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvements via business process or technology enhancements
- Develop an expertise in the business we support
- Identify improvements on the workflow or system and collaborate with the internal business teams and managers to implement the necessary changes
- Be a critical thinker with the ability to recognize and solve complex problems, independently
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete them timely.
- Be able to work extra hours, specifically during the month end close cycle and any project based work that require additional hours. Flexibility in working hours a must.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- College degree, Finance/Accounting emphasis preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- PeopleSoft proficiency preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required