Financial Operations Analyst
As Echo continues a data-driven growth strategy, we are searching for a financial operations analyst that can help drive our internal metrics and reporting. As a key member of the finance team, the Analyst will support our sales and operations organizations by creating and maintaining analytics and reporting across all business units to help propel our team’s performance.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a strong analyst with an inquisitive mind, who wants to be the “data scientist” helping to drive our sales organization. You’re the type of person who loves to work hard, uncover hidden correlations and identify new opportunities driven by data.
While prior experience is not required, an interest in learning Tableau and Excel is preferred. Communication skills are key as well, not only to develop relationships with the team members you are supporting, but also to communicate findings to leadership.
Finally, you must be self-motivated. A proven ability to take partial direction and run with it or blaze your own trail that helps move the business forward is key. The environment is fast-paced and you will be privy to proprietary information, so a proven history of discretion is required as well. Attached to the hip of the sales leadership and the operations team, this is a high profile and high expectation position.
This role will report to the Financial Analytics Manager but will interact with all departments regularly. You’ll also regularly interface with other parts of the company, including IT/BI, Truckload, and Accounting.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and update reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually as needed using Excel and Tableau
- Create ad hoc reports to support sales organization
- Develop and analyze sales metrics and report on developing trends for the business
- Work with the IT department and Reporting team to enhance and/or develop internal reports
- Provide analytical support to the department as directed by Sales Operations and Sales Executives
- Prepare accurate, easy to read, concise and insightful analysis and presentations
- Advise sales organization on sales reporting methodology and ongoing enhancements
- Constantly communicate relevant information to stakeholders on any project
- Drive change, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
Leadership & Teamwork
- As a cross-sales organization resource, constantly solicit feedback from supervisors, department VP, director, sales operations and sales reps to make yourself and your department a more efficient and better place to work
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with sales department, and cross-channel with BI team and others who interact with Inside Sales
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics and experience:
- A strong interest in data analytics and technology such as Excel, Powerpoint and learning how to use BI Tools (i.e. Tableau, SQL, etc.)
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other business analysts across Echo organization
- 0-2 years’ work experience
- Transportation/Supply Chain experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-managed and motivated, able to work independently on most projects
- Enjoys and thrives in fast-paced, fluid work environment
- Ability to follow through with tasks to their completion
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain privacy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.