Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with teams across the organization to support financial and strategic planning. This role with drive understanding financial impact of business activities, processes and strategy to support decision making.
As the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst, you will...
- Provide ad hoc financial support to functional teams across the business to drive strategic decision making and support business activities
- Perform detailed analysis of financial metrics and KPIs; providing actionable insights to management and leveraging trends to support forecasting and financial planning processes
- Maintain weekly KPIs and budget to actual reporting, proactively finding opportunities to improve these processes
- Help drive the budget to forecast process by partnering with key business functions to understand the activities driving financial performance and coordinate related inputs
- Support monthly financial reporting by providing analysis of financial trends in comparison with expectations and past performance. Write up and visualize the key takeaways or findings in a non-financial voice for understanding across the organization
What are we looking for in the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst?
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent years of experience)
- 1+ year experience in finance/accounting, investment banking, or strategy
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel/Google Sheets (Pivot Tables, LOOKUPS, etc)
- Any experience with BI or Data Visualization tools a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopoly, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures