Financial Reporting & Analysis Manager
SpotHero is seeking a Financial Reporting & Analysis Manager. You will be responsible for providing senior management and executives with the analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions. This role is heavily involved in the annual budgeting process as well as managing cash flow forecast models, variance analysis, financial reporting and other financial performance tools.
Who we are: Who we are: SpotHero is one of mobility’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies and platform partners rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to all sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Builds and maintains a corporate financial model that details the entire company’s operations and future performance.
- Performs quantitative analysis of operational and financial data to support all areas of the company.
- Analyzes market and economic indicators and industry that help support decisions around capital spending, operating budgets, long-term planning. Provides analysis to support mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepares detailed financial modeling and reporting that assists leadership in understanding the forces that will impact key operational, financial and strategic decisions.
- Designs and manages business metrics and monthly KPI deck in coordination with the CFO to provide insight into the health of the business with the goal of improving productivity, efficiency and overall profitability.
- Coordinates the annual budgeting process in with executive management and department heads.
- Coordinates and prepares quarterly Board of Director pre-read and meeting presentation and slide deck.
- Utilizes demonstrated process improvement mindset to assist the Finance department in moving from manual processes to streamlined automated processes through the evaluation and implementation of new financial reporting and analysis tools.
- Secures and safeguards data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Analytical. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Attentive. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You are extremely detailed oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- CPA or CFA preferred
- At least seven years of finance experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Documented success building and implementing financial planning programs and tool
- Ability to communicate at the leadership, executive and board of director and staff level
- Highest standards of accuracy, precision and detail-orientation
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. Pivots, Sumifs, If/thens, vlookups and other data analysis functions)
- Advanced Powerpoint and presentation skills
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.