Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a hardworking, driven individual to join our growing Financial Reporting team!
You have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient financial reporting process. You pay great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as well as working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment!
This position reports to the Director, Financial Reporting.
What you'll do
- Work cross-functionally to identify, recommend, and implement financial system related operational improvements and enhance efficiency and quality of financial reporting and analytics
- Support data and system integrations and/or disintegration for acquisitions and divestitures, system modifications and data flow changes related to the implementation of new accounting standards
- Maintain chart of account mapping for financial reporting
- Research statutory reporting requirements, as needed
- Assist in managing a financial reporting tool used for SEC filings; collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate implementation efforts across functional areas (e.g. management reporting)
- Prepare equity-related disclosures such as EPS, equity rollforward, and stock-based compensation
- Assist in preparation of other disclosures for external financial reporting, as needed
- Prepare/review reports required for subsidiary and statutory reporting including reports required by regulatory bodies for state licensing and tax reporting
- Maintain a solid understanding of all aspects of the business and the related impact on the company’s accounting and internal control systems, procedures, and processes
- Establish active and effective communication with senior members of the finance and with executive staff regarding critical initiatives
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with peers in finance and business partners across the organization to understand the business and apply that knowledge to the financial statements and reporting
- Assist with completion of disclosure checklists, as necessary
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls as it pertains to internal and external reporting
- Assist in various ongoing and ad-hoc projects or initiatives
What we look for
- Active CPA license; Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting
- 8+ years related and recent experience within a public company is required
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally
- Financial systems knowledge and expertise and familiarity with financial business applications; must have strong understanding of ERP systems including data mapping
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting, stock option accounting
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies
- An orientation toward process and detail mindedness. Strong analytical and quantitative skills and outstanding accounting skills.
- Desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Passion for Affirm and an interest in technology
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.