Financial Svcs Account Specialist (2nd Shift) - GIM
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Acts as a project manager and service liaison between customer, sales, and multiple production platforms. Advocates on behalf of the client with a proactive, collaborative approach to all departments and the production team. Uses experience and knowledge, including that of XBRL, to provide advisory and consultant services to clients to provide direction in meeting their project needs and goals to achieve and meet all regulatory requirements of the client. Plans and coordinates the production of client documents, electronic filings and print jobs in order to achieve the objectives of the service agreement in compliance of customer expectations, company policy, and profit and quality requirements. Applies understanding of customer's business needs in building solid customer relationships, monitoring customer satisfaction, and providing consulting in conjunction with sales. Has primary responsibility for all steps of service delivery, including Composition and Manufacturing through final disposition of the customer product.
Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete. Assignments are given in terms of subject area concerned, with specific objectives and possible problems identified. Follow guidelines which may include company and/or departmental policies and procedures, and rules and regulations that are well established but may require some deviation from normal operating procedures when completing more unique assignments
- Engage customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements in to detailed workflow instructions and oversee workflow across multiple departments such as Composition, Desktop, Prepress, Manufacturing & Shipping.
- Engage clients in Filing, Print, Word Processing and XBRL to provide them with the best possible experience.
- May be responsible for researching and compiling all required data elements needed to prepare the appropriate electronic filing and/or composition of SEC EDGAR filings, prospectuses, annual reports and other financial compliance documents.
- Provide quality review for other Account Specialists to ensure all information is accounted for and accurate before commencement of composition, print orders or filing of online EDGAR filings.
- Confer with customers and/or customers legal counsel throughout Composition to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs and coordinate changes to jobs. Ensure final documents are signed off and approved for print or positing to online systems.
- May coordinate production of printed documents and components with other internal plants and/or external vendors.
- Engage appropriate departments to verify the issue and determine the root cause on issues that arise. Communicate with customers regarding the resolution of issues.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, conferring with manufacturing operations on counts and final runs and ensure the final product meets customer requirements and company standards.
- May tally the final production runs and work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
- Reviews document proofs or drafts for client delivery.
- Receives, reviews, prepares, files and posts documents as required by SEC regulations in addition to clients• individual needs.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience (Financial Services Print Documents and SEC Filings) OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others. .
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- This is not your typical 3-11 shift, the ability to work beyond the traditional work schedule and overtime is essential and required to support client and business needs on a regular basis.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]