Financial Systems Sr Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our Accounting organization is looking for a Financial Systems Senior Manager to drive important operational initiatives and improve our financial reporting processes. We are eager to meet candidates who will deliver impact through system transformation efforts in a hyper-growth Fintech company!
What you'll do
- Manage, maintain, and support all third party applications that impact our financial reporting processes (e.g., NetSuite, Coupa, Anaplan)
- Contribute to the design of our overall ecosystem (including proprietary systems) and drive execution of transformation initiatives
- Proactively monitor the health and integrity of our financial applications while establishing standards for their use and ensuring compliance
- Resolve ad hoc system issues and help troubleshoot failures that impact financial reporting, especially during month-end close
- Plan and execute analysis of needs for our ERP tool to determine its roadmap (migrations, new implementations, additional functionality)
- Develop integration plans for M&A transactions and ensure successful execution within set timelines
What we look for
- 8+ years experience in a Financial Systems role with a focus on ERP tools, third party software, transformation initiatives, and M&A integrations
- Expert level understanding of ERP functions and workflows, including international expansion and global consolidations; NetSuite-specific experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills for communicating with confidence, clarity, and focus; ability to easily convey concepts to individuals with varying levels of knowledge
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across teams, bridge gaps, and successfully influence without authority
- Strong sense of ownership and drive, including a desire to dive into the details (this role will be an IC manager initially, but ideally will grow their team over time)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems preferred
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.