FP&A Analyst at Sprout Social
Sprout Social’s Finance team isn’t your typical month-end reporting type of department. We’re a dynamic team working in a fast paced and always changing environment which means our Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst will be able to play a large part in developing our reporting and analysis processes across all our departments at Sprout. You will have the rare opportunity to provide insights to our leaders for intelligent decision making and have an impact on our business. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing. We are looking for an agile self-starter that can juggle multiple projects at a time and is energized by collaborating with both internal and external teammates. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our stakeholders with care.
The FP&A Analyst we seek is someone with past experience in Accounting and/or Finance within a high-growth technical company, who is able to communicate clearly across departments and organization, and thrives in a fast paced environment with the ability to maximize efficiency.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru, and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
If you have Accounting and/or Finance experience and are looking to play a large part in the development of our best in class Finance team, we’d love to speak with you!
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance team’s goals and key objectives and the impact our work has on Sprout’s overall business objectives.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Be proficient using Sprout’s planning tool (Vena), accounting software (NetSuite), sales tool (SalesForce) to create and analyze reports.
- Understand the mechanics and drivers of our P&L, Plan and Forecast methodology.
- Support the preparation of quarterly board deck package.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Fully own the monthly management reporting deck, including budget to actual reporting and analysis, and monitor key performance metrics.
- Assist with enhancing the design and reporting outputs in our planning software.
- Construct financial models for what-if scenarios and ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across departments to build scalable solutions based on reliable data.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Assist in our annual planning process.
- Communicate financial performance to leaders and provide recommendations to the Manager and CFO.
- Be an expert and identify opportunities to improve our tools capabilities and other areas for automation.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!