FP&A Analyst at PerkSpot
PerkSpot is a benefits company that offers perks and discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work to secure exclusive discounts from top brands like Apple, Target, and Samsung, which are then bundled into one, easy-to-use platform. From there, we partner with some of America’s top employers, like Walgreen’s, McDonald’s, and Uber, who provide those discounts to employees so they can start to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re working hard to carry out that mission to this day. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the tech and human resources industry, but we’re committed to doing even more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. We may have started small, but we’ve grown quickly, and proved ourselves and our product while doing so. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology – specifically machine learning and AI - to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
As we expand, we are looking for a new team member to join the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager who will help us build out a dedicated team to support PerkSpot initiatives. In this role, you’ll be partnering closely with the FP&A Manager, as well as working with stakeholders across the organization, to measure KPIs and analyze financial performance to help the company meet our goals and track results.
The FP&A Analyst will produce monthly and weekly reports which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting, as well as providing ongoing analysis and project support to management. An integral part of the FP&A Analyst’s role will be to identify opportunities for performance improvement across the organization. This role will also support the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process. The position reports to the FP&A Manager and is based in Chicago, IL.
A successful candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of finance experience
- An Excel wizard and comfortable working with large data sets
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy required
- Innately curious with the desire to learn
- Experience with Salesforce and Domo are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Accounting or Finance
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Become familiar with the financial reporting and accounting process to understand how our team impacts the greater business.
- Gain an understanding of overall business KPIs as well as success drivers and metrics for the individual departments.
Throughout Your Career Here
- Opportunities for change and to make an impact are endless; we love change and new ideas here! As the business continues to grow and evolve, this role will have the ability to continuously make an impact on how the future of the business is shaped.
- Partner with key stakeholders to track KPIs and help support initiatives that contribute to meeting the company’s goals and objectives.
- Plan to work hard, learn a lot, and have fun while you’re doing it!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.