At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Paylocity’s G/L team takes cutting edge Microsoft Reporting technology and the SQL data access language and combines it with our accounting knowledge to bring solutions to our diverse group of customers.
We are seeking top level project analysts to help bridge the accounting gap between our clients and our programmers.
This is a great role for anyone with an accounting background that enjoys interacting with people!
This position will allow you to leverage your accounting knowledge to gain experience in multiple computer systems and databases.
If you bring your knowledge, we will bridge the gap on the plethora of Paylocity’s ecosystem! …and you can do it while working for a company recognized as a Glassdoor Employer of Choice.
Paylocity’s Technical Services team is responsible but not limited to these main functions, Business Analyst, Support Analyst, Programming, and Maintenance. The General Ledger Business Analyst role is designed to consult with our new customers’ accounting staff or designated contact(s) to understand their needs on their reporting, confirm the requisite data needed and develop instructions for our GL programming team to create General Ledger upload files/reports between our WebPay payroll system and the clients’ accounting systems
While performing the Business Analyst responsibilities, the Analyst will:
- Initial client contact to set expectations of dates and information gathering needs.
- Assisting customers in filling out information discovery documentation necessary to code GL projects
- Following up with customers to gather additional information as needed
- Consulting with high level accounting staff at our customer sites to ensure a successful GL Set-up.
- In that role, they will learn about the customer’s GL needs, ensure that the rules that are developed are complete and comprehensive, write programmer instructions for the GL programming, and advise on Payroll or GL structure changes needed to satisfy the accounting goals with internal partners.
- Gathering information necessary to create an interface file (if required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Accounting skills: Experience in Accounting, specifically experience with journal entries and A/P is required. Analyst must be comfortable talking to Accountants about accounting structures and rules specific to each company.
- Consulting skills: Some experience in interpreting the needs of a customer, possibly helping develop new solutions, and describing them to programmers is expected.
- Payroll skills: Experience with payroll and payroll accounting is required for this position.
- Customer Service or Account Management Skills: Experience in a front line customer role.
- Business Analyst skills: Translating and consulting client needs to an internal system and partners for desired solution.
- Competency/experience in multiple accounting systems preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Customer Service Skills
- Exceptional Communication skills: Understand and communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats, which include writing, speaking, reading listening and interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooting ability
- Adapts well to change in a fast-paced technology environment
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Process improvement experience is a plus
- Proficient in microsoft office product suite
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.