General Ledger Specialist
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Based on our incredible growth Toast is excited to be adding to our Support team! We seek to hire a General Ledger Specialist whose primary goal is to work with our customers to map their general ledger to our platform. This is a great opportunity to work on multiple client's GLs and to play a critical role in growing Toast’s business.
About this roll*:
- Works with new and existing customers and CPAs to map their general ledger to our software or revise their current GL setup.
- Utilizes common accounting terminology when speaking with accountants, but is also able to interpret the needs of customers with limited accounting knowledge to ensure that an appropriate level of support is provided.
- Provides technical expertise regarding internet practices and PC functions in order to assist clients and CPAs with PC-related procedures, including file download, editing files, and import/export functions.
- Meets telephone and email response times to ensure quality customer support.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 1-3 years experience in small business accounting, utilizing accounting software to perform tasks such as payroll, budgeting, monitoring cash flow, and balancing bank statements.
- Comfortable giving direction/guidance to customers, including restaurant management and/or CPA
- Strong initiative and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required