Global Controller at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
This role reports into the Global Controller and is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely preparation and integrity of consolidated financials as well as overseeing/administering global accounting policies and controls. This position will be a key contributor in p44’s business and close/reporting process as it relates to our Global organization structure and in the consolidations and in the expansion of our business. The role will be especially important as the Company gets ready for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) within the next 12 months. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be a strategic thinker, have broader multinational experience with accounting, controls and policies for an international company and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects across a multinational context.
- Maintain accounting, financial reporting, financial control, and information systems to ensure strong records, appropriate authorizations of transactions, and safeguarding of assets
- Improve automation and efficiency of essential processes including reconciliations
- Establish systems of internal controls, including monitoring and revising them accordingly
- Create and enforce departmental standard operating procedures and desk policies
- Be the point person and/or manage for the annual external audit and other regulatory requirements as required.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of accounting records
- Guide monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing and reporting processes, including Balance Sheet reviews, account reconciliations and reserve updates (as applicable)
- Manage the creation and production of accurate financial statements (observing GAAP)
- Develop, prepare and communicate global accounting policies and procedures
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues to be brought to the Controller and CFO's attention.
Critical Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA certification
- 10+ yrs public accounting and multinational industry experience mix (minimum 3 years public accounting) with publicly-traded companies
- Enjoy building accounting teams and processes in anticipation of an IPO or other event
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment, thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Multitask and prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast – system knowledge of Netsuite, Salesforce and MS Office
- Collaborative worker / team player
- Intellectually curious
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.