Global Treasury Manager at Morningstar
Morningstar is looking for a Treasury Manager to join our Finance team, which is focused on innovation, automation and process improvements. As a Treasury Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of daily treasury functions, including the management of global cash, banking relationships, credit lines, investments and other bank loans. This is a full-time position and is based in our Chicago office.
• Direct the global cash management function, including cash flow forecasting and analysis and the administration of all bank accounts.
• Anticipate global borrowing needs and available funds and ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operations and capital investments.
• Manage investment of excess cash in accordance with the company’s Investment Policy.
• Collaborate with regional controllers on maintenance of intercompany loans and ensure sufficient funds for working capital and investment of excess cash.
• Identify process improvements to automate functions and increase internal controls.
• Maintain external relationships with financial institutions and 3rd party service providers.
• Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycle, as needed.
• Review monthly interest income/expense and accruals, including journal entries and accruals.
• Manage the periodic debt compliance requirements.
• Understand and manage proper procedures and processes for month-end close and yearly close activity and support year end audit.
• Assist in meeting policies and regulatory requirements, such as Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR).
• Ensure proper controls are in place and operating for day-to-day activities.
• Model financing alternatives, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA, MBA, or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Certified Cash Manager (CCM) is a plus.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant treasury/cash management experience, including global experience.
• Extensive knowledge of treasury operations, capital markets, finance and debt management for a global company.
• Critical thinking skills, business acumen and sound judgement.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail, and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent documentation skills to be used in developing audit work papers and completing SOX reviews.
• Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity