Government Relations Analyst at Paylocity
The Government Relations Analyst performs tasks under the guidance of the various members of the Government Relations Team. The Government Relations Team is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. The Government Relations Analyst is primarily responsible for Analyzing information on the legislative environment for regulatory updates and maintaining strong relationships with Government Regulatory Agencies.
What you'll do:
- Participate in Industry Agency Relations groups (i.e., IRS RAF Team, NPRC, etc).
- Establish, enhance and maintain contacts with various government agencies to ensure compliance in payroll processing, tax filing & deposits, W-2 and 1099s.
- Provide subject matter expertise on employment tax filings and deposits.
- Interpret legislative changes that impact Payroll Processing and Payroll Tax Preparation.
- Analyze current behavior of Payroll Software to ensure accurate taxability of earnings and deductions.
- Communicate feature enhancements to Product Development Teams around Payroll Tax Processing.
- Work with third party providers to ensure tax software and payroll software is compatible from a Compliance perspective.
- Prepare communication to internal partners and Paylocity website explaining legislative changes.
- Work with Tax & Compliance Management Team to assist with execution of changes required by legislative changes.
- Other related responsibilities at the discretion of management.
What you bring:
- 3+ years employment tax compliance experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Finance, Accounting, Taxation or related field desired
- Enrolled Agent (EA) desirable
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desirable