Head of Credit, Flexport Capital at Flexport
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3BN from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Softbank. Our non-dilutive capital products empower businesses to grow and bridge their working capital needs while maintaining ownership and control. As a start-up within a start-up, we’re developing unique fintech products that leverage the resources and data of Flexport’s platform for global trade.
We're looking for a Head of Credit for Flexport Capital, our rapidly-growing working capital lending business that is transforming trade finance and international payment processing. You will lead credit decision-making and frameworking, improve and automate our underwriting practices, and develop new financing products.
- Manage and lead our credit team, whose main responsibility is underwriting new borrowers and monitoring our growing portfolio
- Own and maintain our credit framework and improve our processes with internal stakeholders, capital markets partners and technology providers
- Set direction and structure for ongoing monitoring process of existing borrowers, and manage default negotiations and workout programs
- Work closely with product and legal to develop new financing products and ensure our documentation and procedures comply with commercial lending standards
- Drive analytics and efficiencies for credit processes, and develop a strategic roadmap to leverage technology in credit underwriting and monitoring
- Support strategic projects and updates to company leadership regarding new products, financial insights, capital market partnerships, and more
You should have:
- 12+ years experience in commercial lending & credit, including experience in FinTech; experience in statistical modeling & predictive analytics a plus
- Expertise in credit products and underwriting models for physical products companies of all business stages and capitalization types (emerging or mature, venture-backed or founder/profitable, public or private)
- Prior experience in leading teams & managing people
- Excellent communication skills; high EQ, low ego to present to executives & lead cross-functional initiatives
- BA/BS degree; MBA is a plus
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.