Healthcare Equity Analyst
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: As an Equity Analyst, you will perform fundamental analysis, write research reports, and determine fair values on a select group of stocks within the healthcare sector with a focus on diagnostics, supplies, services and devices. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Research, analyze, and estimate fair values for approximately 20 companies.
- Write company- and sector-specific research reports that incorporate creative insights and identify investment opportunities for our clients.
- Perform in-depth analyses of the economic moats of the companies on your coverage list, incorporating qualitative and quantitative factors.
- Build detailed discounted cash flow models for each company you cover, focusing on the key drivers of the business and incorporating scenario analyses.
- Your application package should include your resume; a cover letter; and it is preferred to include a work, school, or personal report or presentation that illustrates an equity investing decision or recommendation that you have made.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; a Chartered Financial Analyst® or CPA designation and/or a master's degree in business administration is preferred.
- Preferred to have at least three to five years of experience in sell- or buy-side equity research or investment banking; experience analyzing firms in the healthcare sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including an ability to speak comfortably with company managers and institutional investors.
- The ability to make timely decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
- While we may not have an immediate opportunity available, we are always seeking great talent to join our organization. While you may not receive an immediate response, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter to stay connected.