Income Tax Analyst
“Information for good is at the forefront of all we do, bringing new challenges everyday” – Curt Miller, EVP
Job Level: Analyst
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- The Corporate Finance Department of TransUnion is excited to offer its team members the opportunity to learn about the Finance, Tax and Accounting business. We offer the opportunity to gain exposure to our CFO and Executive Management while gaining experience in a corporate environment. As a Tax Analyst, you will work closely with management, and the overall finance team to learn about tax reporting, financial analysis, presentations, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Exposure with tax technology, including (or equivalent) OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource Income Tax, Hyperion Essbase, Bloomberg BNA Fixed Assets, RIA Checkpoint, and PeopleSoft
- The ability to create and comprehend/learn advanced features within Excel models including pivot tables, V-look up, H-look up, If then statements, Sum If formulas, and other functionality.
- Experience in a professional accounting capacity with a conceptual foundation in state, federal, or international income tax compliance, income tax planning and income tax accounting
- A working knowledge of debits and credits and the ability to extract relevant data from a general ledger software package via queries and other methods.
We’d love to see:
- CPA or in the pursuit of a CPA
- Advanced degree
Impact you’ll make:
- Assist with various tax compliance, including but not limited to preparation of TransUnion’s annual consolidated Form 1120 income tax return, Form 1065 U.S. Return of Partnership Income, over 30 state income/franchise tax returns/supporting allocation and apportionment calculations, as well as various U.S. foreign forms such as Form 5471, 8865 and 1118.
- Assist with federal, state and certain foreign quarterly ASC 740 accounting for income tax requests such as the preparation of book vs. tax computations, the effective tax rate, expense tie out, deferred rollforward, journal entries, FIN48 uncertain income tax positions, analysis of merger and acquisition costs, certain foreign tax calculations, documenting Section 404 Sarbanes Oxley processes, etc.
- Assist with tax forecasting, planning and special projects, including but not limited to research and analysis of federal, state and certain foreign tax legislation changes, tax savings opportunities, adjusted earnings calculations, government tax audits, tax software implementation projects, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law