Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Internal audit is an important function for DFIN, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and to DFIN’s Audit Committee to help assure successful achievement of DFIN’s financial reporting, operational and strategic goals. You will work with all lines of defense to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and will optimize the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. This team partners with leadership from across the organization to create and execute on a dynamic audit plan; delivering insights through audit reporting communicated to Management and the Audit Committee. You will work with stakeholders across finance and the broader leadership team.
- Direct and manage the internal audit department and all related activities in accordance with the charter of the company’s Audit Committee, the principal charge of which is ensuring that management has designed and implemented sound internal controls and that these controls are functioning properly
- Set the annual internal audit plan, execute it and report all findings and recommendations to management and as appropriate to the Audit Committee.
- Run a department that can examine major financial, operational and administrative activities at the company on a global basis, performing an unbiased annual assessment of internal controls, risk management and compliance and reporting findings and recommendations to senior management and the Audit Committee
- Develop strong working relationships with the company’s external auditors in order to provide consistent and effective audit support to stakeholders
- Develop the Company’s risk-based internal audit plan and related financial and operational audit programs to evaluate all significant Company activities and operations.
- Direct the planning and performance of audits of the Company’s financial activities, systems and operations, including the issuance of objective audit reports and review of results with management and the Audit Committee as appropriate.
- Ensure that the internal audit department is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards, remaining abreast of and incorporating emerging trends and best practices of the profession
- Define how audit will proactively assist the business in meeting their internal control objectives, and execute to ensure they are “partnering” with the business while maintaining independence.
- Direct special assignments and projects requested by the Audit Committee, Corporate Controller, General Counsel, and/or other management.
- Attract, retain and lead a cohesive team of audit professionals who possess outstanding knowledge, experience and ethics.
- 10-12 years in progressive public accounting and internal audit experience
- M.S. or MBA in Accounting, Finance or other business related field
- Certified Professional Accountant’s certification; CIA, CISA preferred
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent