About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowner with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Internal Auditor to join our innovative and passionate team.
- Conduct financial, operational, and IT audits, as well as business process reviews, in accordance with the annual Internal Audit workplan
- Perform internal audit work in an efficient and timely manner to ensure completion of audit projects in accordance with the annual Internal Audit plan
- Assess and document business processes to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively and efficiently.
- Complete internal audit workpapers and reports that clearly and concisely describe issues identified (implications to the business unit and company as a whole)
- Provide value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls / business processes
- Develop reports and presentations on audit issues and recommendations for presentation to senior / executive management
- Communicate project status to key internal/external contacts and audit management as needed
- Participate in special projects or other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Mortgage experience preferred but not required.
- At least one of the following certifications (preferred, not required): Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – or working to achieve.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in internal, external, and/or Big 4 CPA audit activities
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas is preferred, as is comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, SOX, COSO, and risk assessment practices
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and solve problems
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also be able to work closely with other team members
- Ability to innovate and/or think outside of the box to enhance the internal audit function
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.