This position serves as a team member in our Internal Audit department, working under the direction of audit leadership and management, supporting our Sox compliance and operational audit efforts. This individual typically is involved in activities such as the execution of detailed programs for audits, the review of financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate management’s SOX assessment by evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of documented controls
- Execute work, per audit programs to ensure control weaknesses are identified and action plans are created and implemented.
- Assist in drafting post audit reports in preparation for presentation to Senior Leaders.
- Provide support for discussions of findings and recommendations with appropriate Leadership.
- Prepare work papers to document audit procedures performed as well as test key controls and document noted expectations.
- Ability to understand and visually map end-to-end processes in different areas of the company.
- Coordinate with external auditors and business process owners on audit related matters
- Incorporate the use of computer-assisted audit tools and techniques when deemed cost-effective.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related degree with an emphasis in accounting.
- Working towards or holding a Professional certification such as CPA or CIA
- Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required
- One to two years Internal Audit or External Audit experience preferred.
- Strong project management and communication skills required
- Other preferred knowledge and experience in:
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Computer-assisted audit tools and techniques
- IIA or similar internal audit standards
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.