Investment Analyst at Morningstar
The Role: Morningstar is seeking an Investment Analyst to join our team of investment professionals. This person will help construct, refine, implement, and oversee multi-strategy portfolios for large institutional clients. In this role, you will lead projects, support and partner with other team members, and be responsible for analyzing investment data to determine solutions for our clients. You will work closely with other members of the Investment Management team including client relationship managers, operations/technology, developers, senior management, and other team members around the world. This position is based in our Chicago office.
· Conduct in-depth asset allocation analysis, portfolio construction analysis, and investment vehicle analysis on retirement products using key modern portfolio theory statistics and techniques.
· Manage plan sponsor and plan participant client relationships, communicate project goals and status updates externally, and act as key investment resource on an ongoing basis.
· Maintain daily minimum expected number of completed reviews/analyses of portfolio construction plan lineups.
· Identify and work with technology, data groups and clients to resolve investment data issues.
· Lead and participate in testing projects to enhance current methodologies and processes within the server-based portfolio construction software APC (automated portfolio constructor).
· Mentor/guide/train other investment analysts through meetings, emails and weekly calls with our office in Shenzhen.
· Participate in research efforts on the retirement industry with a focus on advice and managed accounts products and services.
· Assess the theoretical and practical implications of our methodology as you strive to innovate and improve our products and services.
· A bachelor's degree in finance or economics; an MBA and/or Chartered Financial Analyst® designation is preferred.
· Two to seven years of relevant investment experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Comfort working in a quantitative environment.
· Creativity, the desire to innovate, and investing passion.
· Experience with or a desire to learn Morningstar software.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.