IT Finance Manager
At FTD, we are continually evolving the business by promoting customer solutions driven culture, while undergoing a strategic transformation. Are you looking for significant opportunity for continuous learning and professional growth?
In this highly critical new (IT Finance Manager) opportunity, you will play a highly visible key role, serving as the primary financial and accounting resource for the IT organization, with regular interaction with senior leadership and other Corporate and divisional areas. Do You Have Experience as the Finance Lead for an IT Organization with Large Operational & Capital Expenditures?
You will support the IT organization by assisting with budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting, contract reviews, capital expenditure project justification & analysis, management of approval processes, capitalization analyses, project cost tracking, as well as analysis of significant categories of spend.
What We Seek:
- 6+ years' experience in Accounting/Finance, including at least three years in one or more business support roles (IT support experience highly preferred)
- Produce Analytical metrics such as financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis to assist senior management
- Manage development and submission of annual division budget and mid-year forecast by partnering with IT operations leaders and institutional financial leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Finance with demonstrated accounting expertise
- Experience in a highly transactional, agile/product management based technology company preferred
- Solid organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound business acumen, judgment, and the initiative and drive to get the job done
- Fast learner, interesting in learning new businesses and technology drivers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with executive management and all levels of the organization across functional areas
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach
- Self-starter, able to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Results-oriented, able to resolve issues independently while also knowing when to ask for help
What You Will Contribute:
- Serve as the primary financial and accounting resource for the IT organization.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure all costs are appropriately accounted for in the proper periods and that budgets/forecasts reflect management's current plans.
- Review and approval of all capitalized time for software development projects in accordance with GAAP requirements. Work closely with time system administrator regarding requirements and any proposed system, timing or procedural changes--help optimize the best approach to satisfy all financial requirements while also enabling engineering.
- Review all IT contracts and capital expenditure requests from accounting, budgetary and financial returns perspectives. Seek guidance from the Corporate Accounting/Finance team as needed for new or unusual situations.
- Assist with analysis and preparation of capital expenditure requests to ensure that all components of the project are appropriately addressed and that the justification for the project is well articulated.
- Responsible for tracking of actual and budgeted/forecasted spend for capex projects, challenging assumptions and helping to shepherd review and approval by the appropriate levels of management. Be the "go to" person for queries into actuals across different functions and initiatives.
- Assist as needed with negotiation of contracts to help obtain the best outcome for FTD.
- Identify and implement improvements in reporting to enable tracking and analysis of significant categories of spend.
- Work closely with IT leadership and HR to track headcount, open requisitions and contractors to ensure personnel-related costs are closely managed.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and regular communication with the IT and Corporate and Divisional Finance teams.
- Ensure that internal control procedures are appropriately followed and identify and recommend changes as needed to improve controls and/or adapt as business processes change.
- Review work flows and drives continuous process improvements. Act as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested by management.
What We Offer:
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive approach and impact have a very bright future as we change, grow and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- Lines of business ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- Blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be a part of helping shape our future.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, competitive compensation and total rewards program, 401K plan with healthy company match).
- Annual bonus opportunity up to 10% of your base salary.
About FTD Companies, Inc.:
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier $1BB + ecommerce floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers, primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. Our portfolio of brands includes the following trademarks: Interflora, ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
FTD's mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments. We strive to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
3113 Wood Creek Drive, Downers Grove, IL. We are conveniently located off of Route 355 and Butterfield Road.