- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purcha se loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
Responsibilities can include:
- Accounts Payable (invoice entry & coding, vendor research/reconciliation, issue payments, expense allocation, approvals); or
- Purchasing & Asset Tracking (purchase requisition and orders, vendor maintenance, record keeping, asset administration); or
- Accounts Receivable (document verification, dispute reconciliation, upfront fee check & credit card processing); or
- Expense reimbursements & check requisition; or
- Credit card reconciliation, Disbursements & Deposits; and
- Journal Entries, & Cash Receipts; and
- Assist in monthly close activities; and
- Data entry & filing; and
- Special projects as needed
- 1-2 years accounting experience
- Encompass or industry experience necessary
- College degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel required
- Detail oriented, self-starter, & quick learner
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Proficiency in communicating via email and phone necessary
- AMB or Loan Vision accounting system experience helpful but not necessary