Junior Accounting Associate at Reverb
Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.Job Description
Reverb is looking for a staff accountant with excellent communications skills who can work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. The staff accountant will help drive our day-to-day procurement and accounts payable processes as well as other general accounting tasks.
We are a small team where everyone does a bit of everything, so you should feel comfortable taking on new challenges and wearing different hats.
- Input, process, and code invoices accurately and timely in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Process and prepare checks, wires and ACHs for distribution.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Play a key role in our procurement process which includes training and process improvements.
- Compile data and prepare various journal entries.
- Perform Bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations for cash and balance sheet accounts.
- Monthly flux, variance and ad hoc analyses.
- Think critically and be a team player-- we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or 1 – 2 years related experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; Workday knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and work well with competing demands.
- Strong attention to detail -- mistakes don’t get past you, and everything reconciles.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Familiarity with or working knowledge of some of the following: standard financial / accounting procedures, GAAP concepts and principles, and accounting principles.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Reverb is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy.