Junior Quantitative Trader – Futures
We are looking for skilled and experienced traders to manage low latency futures trading strategies on a custom technology platform. The ideal candidate has direct experience in all aspects of running a systematic trading system and understands the workflow from idea generation to production implementation. The ideal candidate also has exposure to short-term quantitative strategies and has experience managing risk and operational issues within highly automated trading systems. This opportunity will provide the right candidate the chance to have a large impact on the direction and productivity of a newly formed effort within a successful proprietary trading firm.
• Manage trading operations, define and track key metrics.
• Conduct financial data analysis on large datasets to generate profitable trading ideas.
• Debug real time operational issues within a highly complex and automated trading system.
• Back testing and production performance monitoring.
• Contribute to in-house data analysis packages and research framework development.
• 1-2 years of experience in trading, managing risk, and dealing with the operational issues associated with short-term quantitative strategies.
• Advanced knowledge of modern statistical techniques.
• Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python, R, or MATLAB.
• Proficiency in at least one statistical package in one of the above languages.
• Demonstrated experience working with tick data.
• Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
• Experience developing software systems an in object-oriented language is a plus.
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.