Junior Staff Accountant at VelocityEHS
*Open to candidates that reside in the Chicago, Illinois area*
VelocityEHS is looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented team-player who is well organized and has the skills required to assist in all aspects of accounting and finance in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and have the communication abilities to work across multiple departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing sales orders and invoices to ensure revenue recognition is accurate
- Review vendor invoices and employee expense reports to ensure accuracy
- Month-end close responsibilities, including cash, and various other balance sheet reconciliations
- Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures both nationally and internationally
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 1 year or more accounting work experience
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a role that requires substantial multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with advanced accounting systems (Intacct, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven. Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with the accounting system, Intacct
- Currently sitting, or plans to sit, for the CPA exam is a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)