Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for performing business compliance and operational risk and control activities. Educates and trains the business to ensure compliance with regulations. Evaluates current operations across the business to identify areas for enhancements. Partners with the business to implement processes.
- Creates and distributes monthly risk reporting and complaints data. Leads customer complaint remediation projects.
- Provides education and monitors the business on requirements of company policies and standards related to risk and control ownership. Develops and implements job aids and tools to facilitate efficient completion of policy and standard requirements. Identifies and implements effective controls to manage operational, financial, and compliance risks. Maintains an accurate library of risks and controls. Performs control design reviews and compliance risk assessments. Monitors the risk and control environment for weaknesses and identifies solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls. Executes control testing plans.
- Leads the completion of projects. Develops, implements, and administers control standardization and workflow solutions. Creates continual monitoring exception reports for critical business processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.