Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Help management maintain and enhance department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program.
Collaborate with management to identify compliance issues and corrective action plans and communicate the scope and severity of identified concerns to the applicable level of management.
How You’ll Do It
- Execute Quality reviews by inspecting compliance testing and validation documentation to confirm information and execution align to Procedural and Program requirements
- Confirm compliance testing and validation processes are executed in accordance with Corporate Risk Management Policy and Standard requirements
- Identify enhancement opportunities to continue improving the quality review processes and methodology; execute quality reviews in accordance with existing quality review framework
- Maintain on-going communication with Program Office and Risk Testing Management on the status and results of the Quality Reviews performed
- Review and perform control and transactional testing to confirm executed accurately and agree with documented conclusions. Provide effective challenge on existing Risk Testing processes and/or identify where there may be gaps/risk or enhancement opportunities
- Assist in obtaining and developing content for presentations for committee reporting.
- Assist in development and monitoring of quality review and other Risk Testing metrics
- Create and maintain high standard work product and supporting documentation
- Communicate results and/or concerns verbally and in writing.
- Execute assigned tasks within the defined timeframe; proactively communicate potential delays if deadlines at risk
- Evaluate, monitor and/or test the adequacy of Risk Testing processes and practices with respect to risks, controls, and regulatory requirements, and identification of gaps and issues.
- Assist more senior compliance professionals in evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes, and provides support for research of regulatory requirements.
- Assist Principal Director in discrete portions of larger projects.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, legal, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in compliance, financial services, and/or risk
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in testing, quality assurance, and/or audit
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, financial services, and/or risk
- Strong understanding of compliance testing/monitoring (e.g. developing a sound testing review and sampling methods)
- Former regulatory financial examiner experience
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.