Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Execute enterprise-wide compliance monitoring program across DFS business units for adherence to federal and state regulatory requirements, and participate in business process and control assessments (PCAs) to identify detective monitoring control needs. Senior Compliance Specialist will be directed by the Compliance Monitoring Sr. Manager to complete compliance monitoring activities designated within the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan or as may be required on an ad-hoc basis, along with participation in the PCAs.
How You’ll Do It
- Obtain an understanding of the regulatory requirement and business processes to be monitored.
- Evaluate business policies, procedures, training, and processes with respect to regulatory requirements.
- Develop monitoring activities including determining the appropriate population, sampling and designing monitoring attributes.
- Maintain on-going communication with the Compliance Monitoring Manager and line of business prior to, during and after the monitoring activities
- Inspect documents, records, disclosures, systems, and report to verify compliance and identify trends or weaknesses in DFS business processes
- Identify, confirm and document potential compliance issues, the root causes and recommend any corrective actions
- Bring issues to attention of compliance and business management
- Participate in the vetting process and formal exit meetings with management, as directed
- Accountable to compile and maintain work papers and supporting documentation of tests and findings timely
- Provide oversight for first line of defense Monitoring and Testing
- Execute enterprise-wide compliance monitoring program.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, legal, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in compliance, financial services, and/or risk
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in testing, quality assurance, and/or audit
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, financial services, and/or risk
- Strong understanding of compliance testing/monitoring (e.g. developing a sound testing review and sampling methods)
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.