Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for supporting 1st and 2nd line of defense monitoring and testing programs, which includes: understanding/interpreting regulatory requirements; performing quality reviews of 1st line of defense non-consumer facing testing; building and trending of monitoring and testing metrics; verifying that operating units are compliant with all appropriate local, state and federal regulations through execution of the compliance monitoring program; delivering accurate and timely examination ready workpapers and supporting documentation for assigned reviews; collaborating with business management to identify compliance issues and corrective action plans; and support the roll out of new processes and systems within the compliance monitoring team throughout the year. This individual should have a strong understanding of compliance testing along with data and analytics.
- Collaborates with various level of management within the areas of responsibilities, including the risk functions within the first line of defense.
- Performs ongoing quality reviews to evaluate the adequacy of 1st line of defense regulatory testing, including identified gaps and issues.
- Responsible for building and trending 1st and 2nd line of defense metrics in Tableau, which will be utilized by senior level management and committees to analyze the health and maturation of the monitoring and testing programs.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements. Supports enterprise risk and compliance management in developing, implementing and maintaining an enterprise-wide compliance program and culture of compliance.
- Creates and maintains monitoring workpapers and supporting documentation. Drafts written reports regarding compliance monitoring results.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Legal
- Strong understanding of compliance testing/monitoring (e.g developing a sound testing review and sampling methods)
- Strong analytical skills
- 4+ years of experience in Compliance, Financial Services, and/or Risk
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience, 4 years in Testing, Quality Assurance, Risk & Controls, and/or Audit
- Experience with building metrics and using Tableau
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.