Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for multiple simultaneous projects, reviewing, negotiating, and drafting ordinary course to moderately complex agreements. Communicates with business partners and other internal partners (such as Law, Compliance, Corporate Risk, Information Security, Physical Security, Privacy, etc.) to determine business requirements. Advises on approach and applicable enterprise policies and standards to build consensus. Provides advice to business partners regarding business issues, such as deal terms, risk assessments, customer concerns, strategy, and company policy. Supports a risk-aware culture and ensures effective risk management practices. There is emphasis on risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements. The role requires a solid understanding of how to balance risk with business objectives and successfully get transactions closed.
- Structures, drafts, reviews, and negotiates ordinary course to moderately complex vendor and related agreements involving a wide variety of subject matters, including contract renewals, contract terminations, and moderately complex master agreements and SOWs.
- Communicates with and advises business partners and management to determine agreement requirements. Advises on approach and applicable enterprise policies and standards to build consensus on approach and execution.
- Identifies, assesses and communicates information to business partners on emerging topics and best practices.
- Ensures that programs, policies, procedures, and controls are implemented in a manner that that is compliant with Company policy. Supports internal audits and reviews.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Juris Doctor degree
- 2+ years of experience in drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts in banking, payments networks, or other complex transactions
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts in banking, payments networks, or other complex transactions
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts in banking, payments networks, or other complex transactions
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.